Turn favorite or unusual animals into riddles with animal riddle poems. Fun to write and fun to solve!
- Make a list of animals fun to write about.
- Choose one and write a list of their interesting behaviors and features that make them unique.
- Write descriptive lines from the animal’s point of view using first person “I”.
- Arrange the lines into patterns to make a poem. Rhyme is fine! (but optional)
- Print the poems into a riddle book or on cards with answers on the backs
Here are some riddle poems written by fourth grade children: